1/30/23

POEM - Sensation's Compilation

The alcohol in my blood

is a guitar solo

Your body is

the curvature of the Cosmos

I’d gladly pay the price

of an instant death

just to know every sound

you’re capable of making

You bid me to press upon you

some random combination

You reward me

with a pleasurable melody

My movements imitate your aria,

and I’m asked to pretend

that we’re equals in evocation

But, you’re immediate obsession

You’re one unforgettable transition

after another

How long have I been swimming

in the din of your scented feel?

How will life beyond

this handful of moments

ever come close

to meaning as much?

Connected at both ends

of this collective vibration,

we can but sense the reverberating

reality of perfection

pulsing its way out of existence;

complacent warmth, lulling us

toward the company

of lesser dreams

But, should I find you there, anew,

let us sing a second refrain

No comments:

Post a Comment