3/27/23

POEM - Smoke Show

 Shame on me for not imagining you

-the way you taste when unclean

-the way you sing when poorly played

-the way you laugh at my cynicism

  

Shame on me for these deviant desires

-for needing (more than) you

eight days a week

-for inviting other, prayer-less lips

into our union

-for delivering the honesty that

every liar’s always claiming they want

  

Shame on me for failing to fix the universe

-not putting an end

to time’s torrential changing of us

-not always being surefooted

on the slippery slopes

-not having the means to comfort you

in the face of inevitable death

Shame on me for gladly drowning here

-all the pleasure I use to choke your words

-all the monstrous mess I leave

inside of you

-all the witching hour arousal we brew

  

Shame on me for ever feeling shame

-tis you who demands I be happy

-tis you who outstrips

every naughty broad

-tis you who chooses to keep me

  

So shame on you…

for nothing at all

No comments:

Post a Comment