3/23/23

POEM - Solve for D

I know where you want those

soft legs to take you

But I’ve no idea what you need to hear

once they’re wrapped around me

  

I know when the weight in your eyes

begins imparting greater gravity

between your thighs

But I haven’t the faintest as to who

left you alone enough to fall

in my general vicinity

  

I know what the way you half-glance

in my direction means

But I’m clueless as to why you began

fantasizing about me in the first place

I know how to make your cold engine

purr like new, even as I roughly shift gears

But I am at a loss for understanding

just where it is I’m supposed to park you

in the end

  

I know why you carefully share

certain things while you’re beyond open

with all of the others

But I’m ignorant of when the next

inaudible plea for my intimate attention

will come

  

I know who you’re desperately

pretending to be for the sake of stability

But I honestly don’t know how

the muted longing that’s

(far-from-figuratively) inside of you

is going to handle said silence…

  

now that you know

that I know

of its existence

No comments:

Post a Comment