4/24/23

POEM - Epona's Ocarina

Were I ever to knock on your door,

seemingly out of nowhere,

I’m certain you wouldn’t really

be, at all, surprised

I know it’s something you’ve

considered doing as well,

and too many times to ever be able

to tell anyone; especially not me

But a hello, accompanied by shock and awe

at the fact of our lost war with this

enigmatic magnetism?

Let’s not kid ourselves any longer

  

In an alternate universe, I suspect that

you and I have strolled, hand-in-hand,

through the relatively easy passing

of those years which have (instead) been

so very hard as we are in this expanse

I can’t look in your eyes, and fail to find

the woman I’ve made non-existent love to

in the barren silence of a slow decade

I do not understand what it means,

that the person who crosses my mind most often

is essentially a stranger

But I’ve given up the need to know

  

All I’m left with is what persists

And it’s a shame that this page

is the only place I’ll ever talk about it

But your eyes will see these words,

and the resulting pull is one we’ll both feel

When you cry from your chosen distance,

I am the invisible arms which hold you

When I lie awake late into the night,

it is with you that my mind converses

And the only thing yet to be seen

is whether or not we ever let go

of the few things left

which keep us apart

No comments:

Post a Comment