11/8/23

POEM - Rent Free

The dead of night offered a dream,

and I accepted

There were dismembered bodies

beneath us;

and, covered in their pulp,

we fucked as if possessed

by jet-fuel flames

Ignoring the sounds of young children

being eaten alive,

your continual demand of ‘don’t stop’

held my empty heart at full attention

There was nothing I wouldn’t do

for you

  

But then I woke up,

and the shame of daylight was crushing

I cried when I eventually told you

about the depravity of my subconscious

You laughed as if you had been the one

chewing raw flesh off those babies

When you spoke, however, I understood

that you were no monster

“Dreams and nightmares are just

our imaginations rolling dice.”

Then it took an hour of us arguing

before I felt somewhat sane again

  

On your recommendation, I am now

writing about the experience

And, though I meant to say no more,

this prose refuses to look complete

without a few fingers caught in the door

So, dear reader, do not forgive me just yet;

instead, consider the vile views

which I’ve placed in your brain

And know I firmly believe that art

which doesn’t disturb you on occasion

may as well be a lover

who never cums 

No comments:

Post a Comment