4/20/24

POEM - Samarium

Tell me how it is that you

disappear so completely in the dark

that nightbirds like myself

should never even know you exist

  

The only proof I’d have of you, if not

for those forced hours, swallowing sunlight,

is the small sound of your crying

in (what must be) the world’s greatest

of hiding places

  

Tag; you’re it

Now tell me what’s behind the tears

Tell me what your black hole

started out being

Tell me why you’re dropping all these

breadcrumbs for me to follow

  

You are neither moth nor butterfly,

but I was there the day you decided

to show off your new wings

And I hope my bald reaction

left you certain that flight was right for you

My respect toward you is evident

My lust for you is untamed

Would that I had followed you

into obscurity, and emerged

like filthy divinity

  

For chains are not my style;

nor are they what you’re chasing

I want to be the insufferable smirk

encountered each time you return,

allowing me to hook you deeper

  

Thus, consider this an invitation

to let those unholy fingers stop finding holes

Instead, let them grab at anything overhead

while I prove that you’re still well-hidden

from everyone, save my insatiable self

No comments:

Post a Comment