5/8/24

POEM - Alabaster Billows

Close; just never close enough

We’ve littered the common ground

with fuel-infused firewood,

but neither of us have yet determined

how to pocket a smokeless spark

Nonetheless, I trust you must know

that I would rob this world of stars

in order to burn brightly beside you

  

You make me want to treat today

like my intentions for tomorrow

I spend the majority of all hours now

getting high on your absent energy;

vibing on a perky smile which I’ve not

stirred in a seeming eternity

You are the best of all possibles,

and I cannot un-know your essence

  

So secret me off to some storage cellar

in a forlorn corner of your vehement heart;

take my forceful form perpetually,

there within your penetrable pulse

Look to me for air

Look to me for rest

Just, please, never stop looking for me

the desirous way I see you do

No comments:

Post a Comment