8/3/26

POEM - Kings Row

She used to fuck me with her eyes

Watching her stare back at me

was like feeling her perineum

flex against my tongue

I’d take all the words she said,

and listen for the inaudible whimpers

of what she longed (like dreams) to scream

into the side of my head

as her insides were massaged

by my thick desire for her nearness

  

She used to make sure I was looking

before starting the stars spinning

Going silent supernova

in casual conversation was her way

Her pupils would dilate like a universal

mother’s cervix, birthing a black hole

which I was destined to fire myself into

night after lightless night,

until I stopped existing just long enough

to feel only the warm glow of her lips

  

She used to spellbind me with autumn irises

Her fall glances burned with all the smoke

of a witch-filled forest

She never failed to say my name

like a wish she was hanging her hopes on

Maybe if I’d been born yesterday,

I could have missed the bed in her thoughts,

but I’d been dreaming of lying there

with her since I first became a man

Thus, the truest love I’ve known

is my eyes screwing her in return

No comments:

Post a Comment