You can’t teach poetry if you hate music
You can’t hide love if other eyes see you trying
You can’t dance on a grave if you’re in it,
and I can see us swaying for many
years to come
You can’t buy time if you’re selling strangers
You can’t fix fate with fickle karma
You can’t touch yourself if he’s watching,
but I can have my endless way with her
in the spirited, quiet, wish-granting dark
You can’t have it all if you settle for less
You can’t play the fool if you aren’t one
You can’t turn into your mom without a father figure,
yet I can offer Christmas, cross free
across the cosmos
I’m not dying without you;
without you, I am dead
Behold this late man’s bones
grow spine enough to confess
that you were the death of him,
and also proof of life eternal
So close every door, for I’m already
at home inside you
Simply blink, and I promise,
every breath I take waits to save you
For you can’t know if you don’t,
and I am certain enough
to save us both

No comments:
Post a Comment