4/3/24

POEM - Sunshine Revelation

A new me was born in that darkness;

I scarcely noticed this change while

wandering beneath the dim stars

But I’ve begun seeing my second self

in reflective pools of spilled moonlight

  

I am no longer gleaming with youth’s beauty

Gone are the days of spare hands to hold

The soft and smiling boy is now a rarity

Still, I somehow like who I see

  

For I recall asking the inferior shadows,

“Am I really so vile to end up this lonely?”

When their infection failed, I learned

how to bellow a resounding “No.”

And time has helped me believe

You could wrongly assume that

these egoisms are of little import

But the fact remains steadfast that I

will someday rejoin the civilly social;

my aim is to know my worth when I do

  

Unlike before, I will attract my own kind

Unlike before, I will only plant in passion’s soil

That half-life which led me into the nether will

never hold sway over this being again

  

As dawn as my witness, I won’t waste the morn

The sun is a stranger I will love at first sight

So when you think of me, forget who you knew,

because the new me is far better

than your beckoned delight

No comments:

Post a Comment