4/16/24

POEM - Let Them Touch Grass

I was not born into this world,

with but a single life to be lived,

just to let someone in the same damn boat

convince me that I need to make myself

invisible in order to please others

The mountain hanging overhead,

I can do nothing about

But the fields of edible starlight,

I intend to taste in detail

  

You can all claim I’m wasting the entirety

of my time in this conscious vehicle,

yet not a single moment of your lives

will have been lived with the sole intention

of pleasing my pomposity either

So kindly stop with the hypocrisy

  

For I was not born into this world,

with but a single death to be faced,

just to let people I’ve as much in common with

convince me that they know better

what it means to live life well

  

And if you can’t be happy for me,

when all I’m doing is manifesting bliss,

then I’d wager you’re already in Hell

No comments:

Post a Comment