9/4/23

POEM - 4

Smokey eyes, routinely staring up at me

Secretive lips, romancing a bottle

And even when it was your turn to bowl,

I could barely manage breathing

for the weight of you, pressing

upon my central nervous system

  

Slender fingers, but a few feet away

Sable locks, partly veiling a smile

And even though it wasn’t you at the counter,

I still wish I’d talked past my friend,

so your memory would always know that I

wasn’t there that day for coffee

Steady feet, keeping pace beside me

Silent heart, speaking up too late

And even if we were brave enough

to make the perfect mistake,

could it ever outshine the sea of tears

we’ve cried for one another?

  

Sober woe, plainly posed in our photos

Sweetened words, how kindness kills

And even as the wheel of time

sees our wishing stars exhausted,

you continue to be the ridiculous creeper

who haunts ALL of my dreaming

No comments:

Post a Comment