3/8/24

POEM - Shall We?

I don’t know how to not be in love with you

After all, what kind of fool discovers the moon,

and concludes he’s better off without it?

A dead fool, undoubtedly

And if you can’t hear my heart race to life

when we speak, then perhaps it’s time

we sit words aside;

put our mouths to better use

  

I’m not strong enough to avoid your eyes

Surely you remember the way you felt

the first time you saw an eclipse;

I feel that same sense of wonder

every time those alternate universes of yours

peer into my cognition, and inaudibly whisper

of what pleasurable chaos awaits us

if ever we do more than look at each other

  

I’ll never be afraid of your worst

All I sense in your unfairly-labeled spiraling

are the deep woes of a woman

who continues to feel unappreciated,

unwanted, unnecessary, and unknown

Such circumstance is no mirror of truth;

I know, because you’ve been

like a rollercoaster of rehabilitation

for the most neglected of men I once was

  

There is so much passion inside of you

that even your body never stops expressing

And I don’t want to live in a world

which takes that sort of fire for granted

So please don’t ask what I want with you

as if you don’t already know

I want to hold your free hand,

and follow you into a better now

I want to get lost with you,

but never lose you

  

Now, unless you’ve something better in mind…

No comments:

Post a Comment